SiF SilaSeal C - 5ltr Concentrate
SilaSeal C is a penetrating, water-based, silane-siloxane sealer concentrate for porous concrete, stone and tile that provides superior water repellence and surface protection properties.
- Provides superior water repellence and resistance to water-based staining
- Reduces efflorescence and chloride ion ingress
- High wear resistance, long life
- UV stable
- Water based, solvent and VOC free
- Non-film forming, allows breathability
- Fungal and algal resistance
- Does not alter the substrates appearance
- Does not peel or blister
- Can be applied to a damp/wet surface
- Water based, solvent free & environmentally friendly
- Suitable on both horizontal and vertical surfaces
- Can be spray applied
- Reconstituted and natural stone
- Clay and concrete building materials
- Unglazed tile and grout
Read the product information before application.
- The surface to be treated should be clean and free of all contaminants.
- The surface can be damp or wet, however SilaSeal C should not be applied to a surface that has pools of water. The pools should be removed using a broom or cloth prior to application.
- Do not apply if rain is expected within 24 hours of application. Do not apply if extreme weather conditions are expected. Do not apply if surface temperatures are above 30C.
- SilaSeal C is a concentrated sealer and should be diluted as follows prior to application:
1 Part SilaSeal C
3 Parts Water
- A test prior to application must be performed to assess the suitability of the product.
- SilaSeal C may be applied using a brush, roller or a low-pressure hand sprayer.
- The treated surface should be impregnated to saturation point in a single application. During application,
care should be taken to minimise overlapping of treated areas that have already dried. If overlapping of dried, treated areas has occurred the sealer should be wiped from the surface before drying to reduce the risks of white stains.
- Do not allow pooling of sealer. Excess sealer must be removed before drying. Risk of white stains in case of excess. Pools can be spread out using a soft bristled broom.
- Any overspray on adjacent surfaces such as glass, metal or painted surfaces should be wiped clean with a damp rag before the sealer dries.
- Full curing may take up to 7 days. Avoid traffic for at least 24 hours.
- Equipment clean up can be performed with water.
- SilaSeal C is a penetrating sealer. It bonds with substrate capillary surfaces providing superior water repellent properties. The capillaries however, remain open therefore prolonged contact of stains increases the likelihood of staining. It is strongly recommended that stains should be cleaned as soon as possible to avoid possible permanency. Ease of cleaning is greatly increased with SilaSeal C treatment.
- The sealer will not prevent surface etching or wearing.
- A slight surface darkening may occur on some substrates
Personal Safety, First Aid, Storage & Handling:
- SilaSeal C is a non-hazardous material. However, good industrial hygiene practises should be followed when using this product. Always wash hands after use. Consult the safety data sheet for use and handling recommendations.
- The product should be stored in closed containers in a cool, dry place.
- The information given in this data sheet is correct to the best of SiF Sealers knowledge.
- Given the storage, handling and application of this material is controlled by the end user, SiF Sealers are only responsible for the quality of the product at the time of dispatch.
- It is the responsibility of the end user to determine the suitability of this material for any particular application.
|Appearance:||Milky, white liquid|
|pH:||8 - 9|
|Solubility in Water:||Dispersible|
|Specific Gravity:||~1 g/mL @ 20C|
|Expected Coverage:||2-20 m2/L, depending on substrate porosity|
|Shelf life:||2 years in unopened container stored under 25C|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Window Cleaning World users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.